open space technology as an event or as anintervention--learn more with us in our Advancedworkshops

Laurel and Rick laurick at telus.net
Fri Feb 22 23:14:44 PST 2002

I guess the underlying message here is that by opening the space, you are
not claiming any special expertise, Harrison.  At least, not any expertise
that isn't available to everyone else.  That is the appeal of OST for me and
one of many reasons that I admire you and your work so deeply.  When you say
that you believe the wisdom is in the room, your walk matches your talk.  In
my practice of OST (which, admittedly, is pretty rusty at the moment), I try
to emulate that sincere belief that the people in the circle already have
the tools they need to accomplish their goals, and that it isn't anything in
me that acts as the catalyst.  By following the process, and believing in
the inherent "rightness" of the process, I am merely setting the stage for
the participants to do their work, independant of any contribution I might
be tempted to make.

Laurel.