open space technology as an event or as anintervention--learn more with us in our Advancedworkshops

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 22 22:37:32 PST 2002

Monica Stewart wrote:If you think you aren't intervening, you are fooling yourself.
About the commercialization of Open Space Technology - I have paid to attend
OST meetings, I have paid consultants to conduct them in my organization, I
have paid for training, and I now charge my clients when I conduct OST
meetings. Althought the above may happen for free sometimes, OST has always
been a commercial transaction.
Monica Stewart
Educator and Organizational Learning Consultant
271 Gilmour Ave., Toronto, Ontario, M6P 3B6
phone: 416-762-9946, fax:416-762-4351
email: mstewart at ionsys.com
Always did believe that the worker was worthy of his/her hire. Besides it is nice to eat. At the same time I know that Open Space is free -- nobody owns it -- we all do. Sometimes with a client I will tell them they have a choice. Pay a lot of money and I will open the space. Or buy the book, and do it themselves. So I guess there is always some cost for Open Space, but 24.95 is pretty close to zero.

Harrison