habemus poetam laureatam

florian fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Fri Feb 22 04:36:24 PST 2002

dear friends of poetry,

thanks to all of you who had been taking part
by writing, by reading, by voting
in the actual semiannual oslist poetry contest.

it had been a great honour and
a pleasure as well for me to hold space
in an ongoing process that had been
started from our dear ralph copleman, followed
by chris corrigan, chris weaver, jeff aitken and myself.

to let it go further on I announce:
the remarkable quantity of 165 virtual sticky dots
widely spread over 27 possibilities of writing about
"5 objects in the space within my sight".
11 virtual stickydots on #26
as the highest single quantity on a poem let us know
that we want  +++++++++++ laurel doersam
to be our poet laureate for the next season from today on

dear laurel,
let me sing again your poem
"the space in my sight glancing into a mirror"
           I've turned into a Rennaissance painting!
           Picture this:
           an extra thirty pounds adorns my thighs and torso,
           my eyes are Mona Lisa-esque
           (read that "no lashes or brows")
           the only thing missing is the long, flowing tresses.
           I do, however, have a very short,
           snappy wig interwoven with a passle of white hairs -
           it's quite a good rug, but ITCHY.  I'm still quite startled
           every time I inadvertently glance into a mirror.

now laurel, please, take the talking stick yourself, as poet laureate.

the gift you´ll get from me as the past poet laureate
is a special edition of my recently published book
"des esels zweites ohr -- lesezeichen zu identitaet und wandel"
which had got an award as
"one of the most beautiful german books of the year 2001"
it´s german, which wouldn´t work for you. therefore
I produced especially for you an empty version with the original
cover-design. space for poetry.

florian

florian fischer
begleitung im wandel