habemus poetam laureatam (The accidental poet)

Laurel and Rick laurick at telus.net
Fri Feb 22 10:02:47 PST 2002

Dear Florian and all those who sticky dotted my "accidental" poem,

I'm honoured, I'm stunned, I'm thrilled, but mostly I'm FRIGHTENED! :-O
Yikes!  How will I ever begin to fill the shoes of my most exalted and
extremely literate predecessors?  The answer is, I won't.  But I'll do my
very best to produce poetic pieces plied with pathos, irony and wit . . .
and, hey! I can always blame my pathetic, poetic pranks on my mis-firing
synapses.

Thankyou [curtsy, bow, flourish].  :-)  :-)  :-)

Laurel.