Pondering Open Space and Spiral Dynamics

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Fri Aug 30 12:02:46 PDT 2002

Thanks for all the reflections.

Wilbur has always struck me as brilliant and with a huge ego.  I found a number of places in Boomeritis where I wanted to know the sources that led to such absolute claims.  The result is that while he challenges my thinking, I take him with a large helping of salt.  It helps that he pokes fun at himself so much in Boomeritis.

By the way, I've actually had experiences of collective consciousness showing up in Open Space gatherings.  By that I mean the same ideas/words showing up in many sessions from many different people.  I also know of someone who experienced a spontaneous healing (a finger that had lost a nerve connection and therefore had had no feeling for several years had feeling return) in a closing circle, so I'd say 3rd tier experiences show up in OS.  On that score, I've wondered to what extent the meme of the OS practitioner affects the experience.

Peggy