Help with reports from short OST

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Mon Aug 26 00:47:07 PDT 2002

Dear Doug,
if you envision concrete plans for your country from 400 people in
3,5 hours with two sessions of 50 minutes each you might invite the
participants to post whatever concrete plans they come up with along
some suitable walls in whichever way they find suitable and where
others can enter their names if they intend to participate and skip
the "Book of Proceedings" entirely. The plans and actions can be
posted by the planners themselves on their own websites or on a
website that might come out of the open space event.
If you yourself are a participant your idea of posting material from
the open space on your website could be quite a support. If you are
the sponsor you might want to leave the space open for participants
for such activity.
One thing you might consicer as a support structure, though, is to
provide the means for building a contact list with details on all who
came to the event and how everyone can be contacted for continuing
work after the conference. This can be done as simply as having lists
for people to sign in that care to do so, or having some computers
for people to enter their contact details.
Peace
michael

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:00:22 -0400, Douglas D. Germann, Sr. wrote:

>Hi--
>
>We finally got a building for our 9-11 OST called, "What Good Can We Make
>of 9-11?" and so I feel like celebrating!
>
>Our team of Inviters thought it best for many reasons to shorten the time
>of the event to 3.5 hours, allowing for two 50-minute sessions. We are
>planning on 400 participants.
>
>Our hope is to have--from several groups--some concrete plans for
>grass-roots action to improve things in our county.
>
>It seems to me it will be difficult with those time-frames to prepare and
>distribute reports at the meeting. How would you handle this?
>
>My thought is to get handwritten reports, post them on a wall, and then
>scan them onto my website (not sure how easy that would be), where people
>will then be invited to continue their discussions and plans.
>
>But someone here will be sure to have a great idea....
>
>                              :-Doug. Germann
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.