OS and Strategic Planning

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Thu Aug 8 12:50:15 PDT 2002

Brendan,

I did a state-wide strategic planning process with the Washington State Arts
Commission.  There's a description of it on my web site:
http://www.opencirclecompany.com/OSWSACStory.htm

The short hand was that we did a state-wide OS followed by 20 OS's in
communities large and small all over the state.  We then did another
statewide gathering using OS for convergence, starting with time to review
the proceedings from all of the OS gatherings.  The staff and the commission
then created a plan for WSAC informed by the people they served.  The
process enabled many connections among participants to pursue as they
wished.

Peggy