OS and Strategic Planning

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Thu Aug 8 10:07:57 PDT 2002

Brendan:

I have used OST in strategic "planning' processes many times.  One
example is on my web site in the Open Space section with the Royal Bank,
when the "plans" that emerged got implemented a year early.  The key to
fully take advantange of what OST brings.  Within the broad direction,
vision, them set by the sponsors, the plans "emerge" from the people who
will be carrying them out.  The sponsor needs to be ready to support
this.  Convergence processes (what ever is used) can  still help those
who need them to set some priority for organizational resources, but
that has to be approached very carefully to not kill the energy.  The
data from the OS (reports, people, ideas) can easily move into the more
formalized plan, if needed.  A theatre group I worked with just did
that.

Have fun.

Larry

Larry Peterson