Space requirements for 400?

Koos de Heer koosdhr at auryn.nl
Fri Aug 2 14:46:09 PDT 2002

I have a spreadsheet (MS Excel) that calculates the number of people that a
room with a certain size (width) will hold in one or more concentric
circles. It not only calculates the main room, but also up to three
different break out rooms.

I have recently made this and used it for an OST confrence of 80 people and
it worked very well. It contains two worksheets, one in metric and one in
imperial measurements. According to this spreadsheet, a room that is 100
feet wide will hold a little over 400 people in three concentric circles.

Anyone who wants it can email me for a copy.

If there is a lot of demand, I will put it on my website.

Best wishes,

Koos de Heer
Auryn management advies BV
Utrecht, the Netherlands