Criteria for productive relationships

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Fri Apr 19 08:15:05 PDT 2002

Dear Martin,
oh yes, it does have to do with open space!
Thats where I experience a high level of productive relationships.
So how about criteria like
"space" (there got to be appropriate space for productive
relationships to unfold)
"time" (simple, but important).
Things like space and time can be organized and if done well,
honesty, trust, integrity, respect, etc. can show up.
I doubt, that honesty, trust, integrity, respect, etc. is something I
could "organize".
Also, I am pretty sure, in fact quite convinced, that these
qualities/conditions do exist anyhow and that they unfold in an
environment enriched with the appropriate nutrients. Other than space
and time I can think of fresh air, good light, delicious food and
something important to deal with.
So go out there and organize an open space with all those well known
conditions and offer the client to raise that question as a theme
"What are the key criteria for productive relationships and what will
we do to have them unfold in this place?".
There is some discussion in the learned societies and at graduate
schools for organizational behavior on the themes of "social capital"
and "relational goods". Those phrases might give you some hits in a
search.
I will forward a mail I sent to the European Institute for
Transnational Studies on Group and Organisation Work (eit) which
gives some information on a conference in Bologna of the Group
Dynamics Society of London on the theme of "relational goods".
hugs
michael

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:22:57 +0100, Martin Leith wrote:

>Dear OSListers,
>
>I have a request that's not strictly to do with Open Space.
>
>I'm doing some research for a client, who needs to know the key criteria for
>productive relationships.
>
>I guess the list would include the following: honesty, trust, integrity,
>respect
>
>Please let me know if you are aware of any work in this area. A list of
>criteria would be great, and a list with a 'credible' source, ideally
>academic (yes, I know it's bullshit, but we have to play the game!) would be
>even better.

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
Fax2mail: 49-30-263 917 301 521
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK