timing of storytelling before OS

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Fri Apr 5 15:27:41 PST 2002

Last fall I did an OS with people in the aviation industry.  We began the OS
by asking each person to answer the question: "when did they fall in love
with aviation?"  The stories that they told were FABULOUS!  Most were of
childhood experiences, told with great passion.  It connected these mostly
male, 50-60 year olds in an unexpectedly intimate way.  It took about an
hour and half for 60 people.  The open space itself was powerful and
intense.  I think the stories told immediately before opening added greatly
to the experience.

Peggy