timing of storytelling before OS

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Thu Apr 4 18:47:26 PST 2002

Thank you very much to Meg, Koos, Joelle, Michael, and Agneta.

The last three workshops I gave, I stumbled upon a similar ritual: I have
placed 5 objects in the center of a circle. The objects represent: Meaning;
Creativity; Human Interrelationships; Death and Emptiness; and Happiness.

People are invited to pick up an object and tell the group 1. what their
experience has been with the subject it represents; and 2. what their
intentions are about it.

It takes people quickly to a deep, important level. It is storytelling, but
without asking for a story, and without requiring any use of the theme of
the workshop (meeting Michael's requirement).

Oh, and the workshops have been other than OST, using journaling,
meditation and contemplation, and listening stick circles.

                              :-Doug. Germann