timing of storytelling before OS

Judi Richardson Richarjl at akerley.nscc.ns.ca
Mon Apr 8 07:11:22 PDT 2002

What rich stories, thank you all for sharing.  A few groups I've worked
with were dealing with (non-OST) a team building situation (aka deep
conflict in the group - in this case a large portion was gender
conflict).  I asked the group to introduce themselves by bringing their
grandmother or grandfather to the circle and share a story.  By the
completion of the circle, everyone laughed (a few cried) and relaxed -
they wouldn't let me as the facilitator get away without sharing one
too.  This question came to me through a group of Elders.  Whenever we
met, they gave me the amazing gift of relating a story from a
grandparent or great-grandparent, grounding me in the past and present
— and I want to recognize and honor the Elder's wisdom here.

thanks for listening
judi