Turtle (way of warrior)

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Fri Sep 28 14:55:51 PDT 2001

At 21:41 28-09-2001, Peggy Holman wrote:

>Thanks for this, Artur.  While I mentioned specifically what you called
>"the wolf within us", I want very much to also hear the voices of the ones
>who's
>land one wants to occupy or to bomb (the ones that were once the
>native Americans, later from Vietnam, later from Serbia, and today are
>from Afghanistan, it seems (*)?
>
>I didn't know how to ask for these voices and assumed they were not on our
>list so didn't ask explicitly.
>
>So, if these other voices are among us, or available in some way, would
>they speak?

Wolfs don't speak, Peggy. And maybe they don't subscribe to mailing lists,
as they don't participate in council circles either. That is the reason why,
before moving to the wolf's land, someone must "speak for the wolf". That is
better than to move the village to the wolf's land and then have to move it
back.
Or to kill all the wolfs -- unless that choice is unconscionable...

The full quotation again:

>If any of you have never seen Paula's works, her teaching book "Who Speaks
>For Wolf" would be a good read right now. In short, it's about a people
>who decided to move their village to a more fertile area but forgot to hear
>the voice of wolf in their council circle. When they moved, they moved
>smack dab into wolf's territory. After being harassed by wolves for a few
>months, they decided that either they had to kill all the wolves or move
>back. They decided to move back since the other choice was unconscionable.
>So -- who speaks for wolf?

Artur

PS: as it seems that there is consensus about moving this discussion
to Caucus, and I have not the habitude of participating in on-line forums
(phone calls are payed and expensive here), with the mails of today I will
stop my participation in this thread.