A reflection on our reflections

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at home.com
Sun Sep 16 15:23:02 PDT 2001

  Peggy, you said:

  I also suspect that as self disclosure happens, the asynchronous nature of
  this way of communicating helps us to go deeper.  When I read something
that
  makes me defensive, I can go away and breathe deeply.  When I return, a
  loving and honest response appears.  And we all keep talking.

This has certainly been my experience.

Like so many have expressed here, I have been especially aware of how my own
inner world is similar to what I am seeing and hearing on the outside. Parts
of me are quite calm, loving and rational - able to keep sight of the bigger
picture and even be interested in the huge archetypes that we are dealing
with. Then there are the parts of me that want to be left alone or are quite
easily angered by small things - little sneak attacks by my amygdalas.

Breathing deeply . . . with all of you on this list, continues to be my
primary practice.  When I return, I can listen more deeply as well.

In regards to your editors' conference (such a synchronistic opportunity), I
especially liked Tova's suggestion of including "passion and responsibility"
in the theme.  How about

                The Future of Journalism: its spirit and its business, its
passion and its responsibility.

Blessings to you and all you touch,

Christine Whitney Sanchez, M.C.
Milagro Organizational Consulting, Inc.