A reflection on our reflections

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Sep 16 12:12:37 PDT 2001

Dear Peggy,
in getting ready for an open space event I work with the planning
group on what they think should be achieved through the event. The
typical question I pose is "What do you see things to be like on the
day after the open space event?".
When that is somewhat clear, I ask them who all needs to be at the
event to actually bring about what they envision that should be
achieved.
And then I asked them to suggest the topic for the conference.
In all this, I offer no advice on outcome, participants that should
be present or content of the topic (often, I point out that the topic
should point towards the action that they want to come out of the
event).
I stick to this procedure especially rigidly when I feel my own
involvement and my own stakes surfacing.
And who does not have high stakes in the questions being raised in
the context of what is happening right now.
Greetings from Berlin
michael

>P.S.  Thanks for your thoughts on the journalism conference.  Please keep
>them coming and I'll let you know how it goes...

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK