A reflection on our reflections

kenoli Oleari kenoli at igc.org
Sat Sep 15 22:25:40 PDT 2001

I like the model you describe.  One thing it does, it allows for
synchronicity.-- Kenoli

>Thank you for the many, many profound insights.
>
>Even as I'm about to work with the news media, I have been railing to myself
>about the shallow coverage on the news.  It finally dawned on me.  Lists
>like this have become the place for reliable news and public discourse.  I
>may get the broad facts from mainstream media, but the meaning making is
>happening here, with a diversity of perspectives; including such amazing
>cross-connections as a message from a military veterans list posted on the
>OS list!
>
>I also suspect that as self disclosure happens, the asynchronous nature of
>this way of communicating helps us to go deeper.  When I read something that
>makes me defensive, I can go away and breathe deeply.  When I return, a
>loving and honest response appears.  And we all keep talking.
>
>This gives me hope because we are no longer reliant on a monolithic source
>of information that distorts as much or more than it informations. Rather,
>we have access to many perspectives through our connections.  We are weaving
>a deeper truth, a sense of oneness that gets its strength through honoring
>complexity and diversity rather than "sound-biting" it out of existence in
>the name of unity.  I won't be surprised if eventually some convergence
>naturally emerges leading us (and I mean us is the largest sense) into
>strong, collective action.
>
>Thank you all.
>
>Peggy
>
>P.S.  Thanks for your thoughts on the journalism conference.  Please keep
>them coming and I'll let you know how it goes...
>
>______________________________
>**** Please note new address:  peggy at opencirclecompany.com ***
>
>Peggy Holman
>The Open Circle Company
>15347 SE 49th Place
>Bellevue, WA  98006
>425.378.8331 (fax)
>425.746.6274
>
>www.opencirclecompany.com
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Kenoli Oleari, Horizons of Change, http://www.horizonsofchange.com
1801 Fairview Street, Berkeley, CA  94703   Voice Phone: 510-601-8217,
Fax: 510-595-8369, Email: kenoli at igc.org (or click on: mailto://kenoli@igc.org)