A unique opportunity

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Sat Sep 15 08:11:35 PDT 2001

I am opening a space on October 14 at the national conference of an
association for newspaper editors.  These are the people who decide what
stories will be covered in our mainstream papers.  There will be 300-500
people there.  Originally, the subject was The Future of Journalism: its
spirit and its business.

Now everything has changed.  We (the president of the association, an
editor, a journalist and myself) are rethinking the theme of the summit in
light of current events.  As someone who is utterly unsatisfied with the
coverage, I got involved with these folks to  invite them into conversation
about the purpose and practice of their work.  I suspect they may be more
ready for such a conversation because of the responsibility they feel during
this time.  Any thoughts on framing would be helpful.  I talk again with the
sponsoring group on Monday.

Peggy

**** Please note new address:  peggy at opencirclecompany.com ***

Peggy Holman