terror

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Sep 11 13:07:17 PDT 2001

I have been thinking the same thing all day John, and even as I awoke this
morning to hear of this tragic weirdness, my son insisted on spending much of
the first hour of our day together pressing his head to mine and making a little
humming "om" sound.  That's how he shows his love.  And he made me think that
this is the thing that is important.  The real connections we make between
people are the things that sustain us on this planet.  When we lose touch with
people, and lose touch with the ability to connect with people, we force
ourselves into seeing the world through mediators: experts, television,
gurus...whetever.  And then we think that it can finally be all right to hurt
others because we can eventually cut ourselves off from the pain of living in
relationship with other living things.  We cannot lose our capacity to
love...love each other, love our land, love the cosmos.

All over Canada the world's planes are landing.   747s full of Koreans are
landing in Whitehorse as I write.  Gander, Newfoundland has 38 transatlantic
flights on the ground...a town of a few thousand people.  A tiny village on the
west coast of Newfoundland, Stephen ville, which was an old US airforce base has
nearly a dozen planes there.  The mayor of St. John's Newfoundland is in the
process of emptying out their new hockey arena and convention centre to make way
for the people that are stranded there.  People are opening their homes and
sanctuaries to everyone who cannot get to the United States.  Our country, both
in large cities and little towns, is becoming a temporary home to the people of
the world.

In a way we are being invited to love, to make real connections and to see the
world around us with open eyes.  I hope it sinks in that this is what is going
to keep us going as a species.

If I could I would take a leaf from my son's book and find a way to press my
forehead to the world and murmer a loving song into its consciousness.

Love,

Chris

john engle wrote:

> potent stuff, jeff. thank you for sharing it. ...fascinating that you sent
> it when you did...
>
> over the years a strong faith has taken root in me.
>
> it is: love is all that matters. love is more important than life itself.
>
> thank you to all of you on this list serve that are vessels of so much love.
>   i draw inspiration from you.
>
> john

> Téléchargez MSN Explorer gratuitement à l'adresse
> http://explorer.msn.fr/intl.asp

> Visit:

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation