Working over a theme with a group on a conference call

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Sat Sep 8 23:06:11 PDT 2001

Your reactions to the send of the the two themes were in line with mine, but it
was actually one of the Aboriginal youth that suggested the second theme.  The
reason he gave was that "Hearing our voices..." sounds too much like we are
listening to ourselves speaking, hearing our own voices.  He felt that it lacked
the direction to get the stuff that was being talked about out into the world of
the decision makers.  So he suggested that "Voicing our priorities" comkbines
the voice with the priorities, which gives some importan direction to what the
youth are saying.

At any rate, i was grateful that no one felt grabbed by the throat by the
suggestion!

Interesting to hear all these thoughts on the subject.

Cheers,

Chris

corcom at interchange.ubc.ca

RR 1 E-3