Request Feedback on an OS Theme for a Conference on Fatherhood

J. Paul Everett JPESeeker at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 19:32:45 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/6/01 3:32:55 PM, jr.schultz at home.com writes:

<<     “Men in Transformation: Creating the next generation of Fathers”  …

issues and opportunities >>

Dear Richard,

Being a father of four sons, and feeling as if I did only a mediocre job of
it, I applaud the effort.  My only contribution would be for some work to be
done by the fathers attending with their fathers.  Being able to say, "Dad, I
love you" and "You are forgiven" in the deepest sense of those two phrases.

It would also prove valuable if men would begin to acknowledge and listen to
their feminine aspect within their own psyche.  They would love their wives
more deeply because knowing the inner feminine would call back the many
projections that their wives and/or lovers now hold for them.  An awesome and
awe-inspiring task.

Two books would be valuable for men to read.  "The Invisible Partners" by
John Sanford, Episcopal priest and Jungian analyst, published in 1980.
"Marriage: Dead or Alive" by Adolph Guggenbuhl-Craig, a Swiss Jungian
analyst.  It's tough to find because it's out of print but rumor has it that
it will be reprinted with additional material late this year or early next.
Amazon.com has used copies.  Both are small tomes, and won't require any tour
d'forces on the part of the men reading them.  They, will, however, given a
reasonably inquiring mind, significantly alter one's thoughts on male/female
issues.  At least they did mine.

Sincerely,

Paul Everett
JPESeeker at aol.com