Paul's words

FamilyFirm at aol.com FamilyFirm at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 23:57:27 PDT 2001

Thank you for your clear thinking and direct words Paul.  You are not a lone
wolf in this space. I see these things much as you do.

I have an image of the people that were on the fourth plane that crashed in a
field in Pennsylvania instead of into a building somewhere else.  My guess is
that most of the passengers were immobilized with fear.  Some were worse than
useless in their panic.  Some probably pleaded with the terrorists for
something rational. Some prayed really hard.  And a few did something that
really made a difference. Clearly they didn't have a perfect plan but they
did what they could.

I don't think any of us in this discussion are going to change our thinking
very much.  This situation is pulling out who we are at a pretty deep level.
Only from the perspective of the future looking back on what we have said
here will we know which of us were well meaning fools.  The best we can do
now is pick the path that seems right in our heart and makes sense in our
mind.

Joe