Artur, et. al: re: Food against terrorism

J. Paul Everett JPESeeker at aol.com
Sun Sep 23 21:36:09 PDT 2001

Hello, Communicants/Friends, et. al.,

It seems to me that we should think of this for the whole world, not just the
crisis for the moment.  And we should think deeply about it, how to bring it
about.  It is not a simple as it looks.

A friend of mine (Jim Rough) one day concocted an addition to the old saying:

"Give a man a fish, he eats for the day.
Teach him how to fish, he eats the rest of his life."

Addition:  Turn him on to fishing and he creates/invents new ways of
"fishing".

I think this is what we must do---"turn people on to fishing", whatever that
means in their culture.  Finding out what works in each culture and country
could be the new mission for the United States, instead of thinking that our
way is the right way.  Learning how to turn people on to their own forms of
"fishing" seems to me to be very "open space" in it's form---whatever happens
is the only thing that could happen.  Now, the question is:  What are the
forms of "turning on" that need to happen?

The micro-banks in India and parts of South America are excellent examples of
what we might do on a global scale that would utterly defeat terrorism
because the sources of hate, envy, anger, etc., would be sharply diminished
(note I did not say 'gone' because until we are psychically integrated, the
Shadow will always be there---maybe even then---but that's another
discussion) as their lives improved by their own brand of "fishing".  We
should be block-removers to people's self-discovery of what "fishing" means
to them.  We can do that by continuing to see their situation as partially of
their own making and partially that of "fate", and then see what makes sense
to be done---using an Open Space mentality, not a social-do-gooder mentality.

 One of our managment guru's said "Help is always defined by the recipient".
Let's find out what "help" is in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Palestine, for the
people, not necessarily the governments. Then, as Harrison recently wrote,
"Do It".  Just a thought.

Paul Everett