OST with local Catholic Diocese

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Thu Oct 18 12:31:19 PDT 2001

In my work with a lot of church organizations, there have been hymns,
prayer, mediation, etc.  Sometimes as a framing event before opening
space or after the close, or in the evening.  These activities have
often happened within OS but according to the principles and law.  That
is, if a group wanted to pray or sing or meditate they could and did.
They did not impose it on the others however.  Some who want "everyone"
to pray use it as a power tool to get back to "old time" religion and
their desire for control.  Most of the events I have led, but not all
have been with Anglicans and Protestants, and with a few Catholic
Orders.  Closing with song can be great.  The closing circle is a prayer
in which all participate as far as I'm concerned.

Fr. Brian Bainbridge has held many Open Space events with Catholic
Dioceses

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada