OST with local Catholic Diocese

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Tue Oct 16 11:39:09 PDT 2001

At 04:34 15-10-2001, Lisa Heft wrote:

>Here's the story of Weekend #1 with the local Catholic Diocese (a region) and
>their strategic planning process.

Very interesting, Lisa.

I would never believe that this was possible within the Catholic
Institution... But probably American Catholics are different
from the ones I know in Portugal and Spain - after all it was
in Spain and Portugal that the Inquisition was invented, an that
was a terribly eficient way to "close the space"...

And it seems that the Catholic Diocese of Sant Jose will soon
became another model for the Open Space Organization. Very
interesting, indeed.

One question: shouldn't critical issue #4 (the organizational one) be
also a heading for some of the 500 (!) "recommended strategies"?

And a final observation: even if you were describing a very spirited
event, I think that you have never used the word "Spirit". But you
have used "breath" a lot. I think that it has been written that
one shall not use the name of God in vain. Maybe the same
should also be said about Spirit - especially has the word is
more and more used in marketing materials, and even comercials.
So I wonder if "breath", after all, is not the word that should be used
instead...

Regards

Artur

PS: I remember that others in this list have opened space for other
religious congregations. Have any of those had similar situations in
relation with prayers in other Christian settings (other than Catholic,
I mean)?