OST with local Catholic Diocese

Winston Kinch kinch at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 15 06:28:19 PDT 2001

Great stuff Lisa! Very rich! Three questions for you and/or the group:

First, could you (Brian? Jeff?) expand a bit on the "agenda evening - start sessions next morning" design?  I have heard it said, and it is my intuition, that breaking into the particular kind of energy (anxiety/curiosity/anticipation) which exists at the time the marketplace is filled (such as by having a "hiatus" like an intervening night) is generally not a good idea as it is hard to get that moment back...  Yet obviously it worked well for you and has for others.  Was it the "morning warmup" that did it? How did you regenerate the energy? Or was it necessary? Did you allow more postings at that time?

Second, what DID you do about the escalating demand for prayer? Especially when (as would have been the case most of the time) you were not "in circle" as a whole group? Anything? Did mass get posted as a topic? I'm fascinated..

And third, what did you do about the languages? Were there only a few who did not speak English? Did you translate the opening? Or just let it all happen? And if the latter, if there was a number of folks who did not speak English how did you facilitate their involvement?

Thank you for sharing this rich experience.

Winston