Annual meetings and OST

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Sun Oct 14 14:32:18 PDT 2001

At 12:28 14-10-2001, Michael M Pannwitz wrote:

>Dear Florian,
>the student body association of a local Berlin highschool held their
>weekend retreat in 2000 in open space under the theme of "creating synergy
>and creativity through getting to know each other". After this os-weekend
>they moved into conducting their monthly student body association meetings
>(there are about 35 highschool students elected to this body, aged 12
>through 20) in the os-mode. In the spring of 2000 they held 5 such meetings.
>After the summerbreak the whole school conducted an os on the the
>corporate identity of the school (imagine our school could speak, what
>kind of school would it like to be) and the students decided to hold their
>annual meeting in December again in open space.
>After this second annual event in open spaceI could imagine that they will
>continue to have their annual retreat in open space.
>This is an example of both having an annual event and the organisation
>utilising open space for its ongoing work.

Dear Michael:

Do you know if the school has changed other procedures to introduce OS
in the organization and not only in meetings? Have the way of relating teacher
and students changed accordingly?

That would be a very interesting result, that would show that OST (the
"free" and simple version) could be in itself as THE WAY to create Open Space
Organizations.

Any comments

Artur