Annual meetings and OST

Agneta Setterwall agneta.setterwall at swipnet.se
Fri Oct 12 09:29:06 PDT 2001

Ulrika! I am going to facilitate an Open Space in an annual meeting very
soon in Stockholm. The organisation is the swedish association for relatives
and friends to persons who have comitted suicide. I am not a member of the
organisation. Their aim is to help people in their own situation (including
eachother), and to prevent suicide. They work a lot with information,
everybody on an ideal basis, but get some financial support from the
society. They want to discuss how they can develop their association in the
future. Some new members will be there, with all their needs. It was alredy
decided that a special group for new members will be open at the same time
as the Open Space. After thinking together we thougt that this could be
included in the Open Space. I have formulated the theme together with them:
"What do we want? Ideas for our future. Issues and opportunities". The
timetable was set before they asked me to faciltate.  I have tried to do the
best of it, and this is my design: the first day from 13.30 until 17.30 two
sessions, including opening and closing. Then dinner, and after that
story-telling for those who chooses to join. Next morning we will converge,
and close. We will have one and a half hour for that. I have been trained by
Birgitt Williams (thank you Birgitt!), and work as good as I can inspired by
this. Immediately after the OS a person from our Social Department will
come, and have a meeting with them one and a half hour.   This will all
happen in the end of this month. Do anybody have any good advices, or
reactions to this? I have read what you said recently about annual meetings
Harrison, and lucky, the things you mentioned was alredy thought of!
If you Ulrika want to contact me (so we can speak swedish!), my adress is
agneta.setterwall at telia.com
Thanks to all, I´m glad that you are there!
Agneta Setterwall