Annual meetings and OST

florian fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Sat Oct 13 03:46:48 PDT 2001

> ... looking for experiences using OS at annual meetings. Have some one
> done
> > this? How did you do it? What happend?
> >
> > Greetings
> > Ulrika Eklund
> > Sweden

dear all,
i tried it already three times, to convince the leading people of three
different associations,
where i´m associate, to run the annual meeting in an alternative way:
in favor to avoid the splitting into a paid panel and a paying audience,
in favor to use the energy and the dynamic and the synergy of merging people,
in favor to let rise passion and responsibility ......... you know all that.
and i try not speak about open space but to practice it by doing step by step,
listening.
every time in the beginning there are some folks who want to go there on.
but every time, still now, at the end they are afraid of "chaos", afraid not to
give honor enough
to the speakers which are expecting a whole audience, afraid perhaps about the
politics of
the association may get a push for a new or another direction ???
is that german ?? ist das typisch deutsch ??
what is wrong in my trying. i have to give more time, i´ll get more time to the
next opportunity.

the end of next week there will be hold a congress about
"the brand germany. german design within globalization"
(die marke deutschland. deutsches design im zeichen der globalisierung)
at the second day i´ll give a lecture about "german detouring"
at the third day they´ll give the chance for me to facilitate a 4 hour open
space about:
"my personal part as designer to/on/under the brand germany"

best regards
florian

florian fischer
begleitung im wandel