Annual meetings and OST

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 10 05:16:06 PDT 2001

At 07:50 AM 10/10/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>I am looking for experiences using OS at annual meetings. Have some one done
>this? How did you do it? What happend?
>
>Greetings
>Ulrika Eklund
>Sweden

This is actually a pretty common usage. I can think of 5-6 instances
myself, and I am sure others can add. The major thing I have learned is
that when you do Open Space, Do Open Space. Translated: Do not try and mix
the normal formal elements and Open Space. So if the Laws of the
organization require that the budget be approved, committees be heard from
etc -- do all that first, and then open space. Another tactic I have used,
in order to gain more space/time is to suggest to the organization that
whatever can be mailed (emailed) out in advance -- do so. Tends to avoid
long, boring reports. Have fun.

Harrison

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive