AW: Self-Organization...Indian perspective

Visuelle Protokolle mail at visuelle-protokolle.de
Wed Nov 21 13:36:51 PST 2001

 Prasad wrote:

...In other words, nature takes its own time but will make its move that
corresponds to our move. Control means ignoring the totality of the system
and behaving as if there is a causality. Control means ignoring the fact
that what happens in the world is more of a cosmic dance...

Thank you Prasad, I simply love it.

...behaving as if there is a causality ...

your input makes me think: ever so often we are not aware of the patterns we
carry with us, and they seem to have to do a lot with religion(s) and
believesystems.

That brings me to a thought or two - or rather some questions.

The western culture owes a lot to Greece, arts, philosophy, architecture,
democracy - why not the religion? The Greeks had a diversity of gods, bigger
or smaller, stemming from the same roots as men, more like big brothers and
sisters. a world of gods familiar to most cultures, Romans, Germans,
Celts. - and Hindus?

a lot of open space for development, I think. can you imagine we still had
this world of gods?

Instead we in the west were formed by the idea of one god, absolut, totally,
the abstraction of good, light, right, extreme and perfect (and without a
strong counterpart on the side of the abstraction of bad and dark). a god,
far beyond possible human understanding. following is a concept of guilt and
sin. much hierarchy, structure, obediance, systems. causality. the base of
the western civilisation.

Some 3-400 years after Christ there grew a world religion called
Manichaeism, which has disappeared inbetween, with a very interesting
concept, if I get it right. a concept of two extremes, light and dark,  both
in their absoluteness dangerous for men, both in their pure essence just too
much for men and since extremely unhuman. menkind inbetween, struggling,
fighting, laughing, dancing, asking for the sense of life. everone on his
way, seeking and responsible. I am touched by this view of the world .

Just to mention a few.

When there is no causality, men might have developed different ideas and
visions about god and gods hand in hand with their beginning forms of
organisation or systems. Might be that men, as they are, tended to close
formerly open spaces, by systems of power, money, fundamentally organized
believe systems ... Might be they kept somehow a hidden memory of openness,
might be all of us still carry this dream and are touched, when someone
comes along and showes the access to an open space.

Open Space Technology is a beautiful experience for those people coming out
of closed spaces and afterwards going back into the closed spaces around us.
And if we open up, it certainly has the capacity to shake our believe
systems. and then? Can we go on as rebels? Or am I again behaving as if
there is a causality?

Reinhard

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best regards