OS School

Dr. Susanne Weber webers at mailer.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 28 07:57:48 PDT 2001

Date sent:              Sun, 27 May 2001 22:23:05 -0400
Send reply to:          OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From:                   Sharon Quarrington <sharonq at pdesigns.com>
Subject:                OS School
To:                     OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU

Hi Sharon,
do you know the "Summerhill" school? founded by  A.S. Neill -
somewhere in the London region I think - there´s a website also
and pupils´ statements and comments -so maybe interesting for
you? best wishes
Susanne

> I'm doing a bit of research on schools - options and alternatives -
> and was looking into the Sudbury Valley Schools (www.sudval.org) which
> seem to have some ideas in common with Open Space, though I am not too
> thrilled with the use of Robert's Rules to make decisions.  I did a
> search on the OS Archives and found Chris' recommendation of
> wondertree.org (though I am having trouble with their web site).
>
> Does anyone know of any other schools (English ones sadly as I am
> limited linquistically) where OS or OS type principles are being used.
>
> Sharon

> Visit:

Dr. Susanne Weber
Institut fuer Erziehungswissenschaft