so how would open space handle this?

john engle englejohn at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 31 11:08:03 PST 2001

hi chris.

i appreciate very much what you've shared.  last night i was in a discussion
with a man who is working on a large scale national project which will
require the collaboration of lots of entities and many wealthy families in
haiti.  my colleague continues to run into walls.  one person/family won't
become involved if another person/family does.

"can open space help these people to get over their distrusts and
grievances, which keeps them from working together," he asked me.  my
response seems similar to you but probably wasn't as concise.  ...it
ultimately depends on the willingness of people to be open to working
together.

john engle
port au prince