Poetry Celebration and Contest

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Fri Mar 30 19:33:37 PST 2001

OK friends and neighbors. It's time for a poetry celebration and contest!

The work we do is filled with beauty and tension. I never sleep a wink the
night before; and I have seen wildness, wonder, witchery, and wishes come
true during and after an OST event.

I invite you to write a poem about the beauty and tension of the Open Space
and/or Open Space Technology.

---

>From now to April 15, I invite you to send your poem(s) to me
mailto:ja at svn.net or to OSLIST.

Soon after April 15, I will publish all of the entries onto the OSLIST for
our enjoyment. And I will invite us to select our favorites. The rules of
selection will be clear. And the contest will end on April 30.

The winner of the contest will become our next Poet Laureate, and receive
as a prize my faded book of prose poems This Body is Made of Camphor and
Gopherwood, by Robert Bly (with wonderful pencil illustrations by Gendron
Jensen.)

---

Rules:

Each poem must contain exactly 21 words, and begin with the letter A (or a).

The poem may be in any language. If other than English, please provide an
English translation. The original poem must contain exactly 21 words; the
translation can be any length, and does not have to begin with A.

A title may be included in the 21 words, or not - your choice. The title
may begin with the letter A, or the poem may do so - your choice.

If the referee (me) has a question about a poem, I will privately ask the
poet to explain the count or the letter A. So I don't plan to refuse any
poem, as long as the explanation is very creative!

-
Jeff Aitken
Inverness Ridge, CA USA
415.669.1924