Who's responsible for school children?

Viv McWaters viv at theReef.com.au
Thu Mar 8 03:32:56 PST 2001

Hello all

I will soon be opening space at a youth forum exploring how young people
want to work into the future. My client is concerned about who's
responsible for teenagers attending the forum - and what's to stop them
from nicking off for the day! In the spirit of OS, attendance will be
voluntary and I expect no particular problems - but I can see my client's
dilemma. Parents will have to give permission for their children to attend
the forum, (especially as it's during school hours) so it's probably a
reasonable expectation that someone takes responsibility.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions/experiences.

Cheers

Viv

Note NEW telephone number from 13 March 2001
61 3 5261 9498
All other details remain the same...

Viv McWaters
Beyond the Edge Pty Ltd
PO Box 665, Torquay 3228
Victoria Australia
Ph/Fax: 61 3 5278 3864
Mobile 0417 135 406

"Thus the task is not so much to see what no-one yet has seen, but to think
what nobody yet has thought about that which everyone sees." Schopenhauer