for elena re: kitchen talks

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Thu Mar 8 04:15:46 PST 2001

for elena re: kitchen talksHi Cris,

I love your idea and really can say, that what I've read in the book of Peggy Holman and Tom Devane about AI give me such a feeling. I never tried it as it was discribed, but we used the 4D part in the workshop "Organizational Development" as some of the trainers from US showed us. I like it and it worked very good. What I miss in AI   I don't know and hope when Peggy comes to Novosibirsk in July she would probably discribe to us, or to me.

The idea of pumping is the same as I mean it, though I was thinking of more  structuring of the process of discussion,  as FSC gives the posibility to analize the past and people are saying that they relived 30 years of their lives in the 30 minutes they have to think about it, they discover what happened and how they lived. and our people like to analize the past, so they are very common and that gives them a feeling of community and also the ground to go further, to the trends of present time and then to desired future, which is the most unconcrete in our workshops but a lot of fun.

so my concern how to do it more detailed and more concrete, and I started asking more questions while I'm giving the task - how do you see the society, how do you see your organization, or community you live in and yourself, your role and so on, as I came to this idea while reading the book "Creating the shared vision" - sorry, I don't have it by hand, if I reproduce the name not exactly. in OS - as we say what would you like to start with? what questions would you like to discuss and what projects would you like to propose for discussion and if you start one, we would like you to answer 6 Ws. So the results became much more concrete. and people are happy themselves that it is not just talking and blaming but real projects which they can start doing today.

that I love. there were 6 project in the last FSC we did in January, but as I left for S-F I did not make a report for public and in English, though we printed the whole protocol at once, day by day, what I learned from OS.

so
going step by step somewhere.
and the book of Harrison Owen gave me another metaphors for approaching to hearts and mentality of Russian people. They know EVERYTHING so when they start talking - we know everything - I start asking - why are we so clever, but so poor. So we can move further together....

ok
thank you for your letter.
I hope we shall have other good experience at this weekend,
today is a holiday in our country, but I have to make 60 copies of handouts - that is the not so easy part of FSCs and  we leave tomorrow 5 pm to arrive 4 am by train to start FSC at 9....

a life of a trainer or a facilitator or whatever crazy peple we belong to...

best wishes to you

good luck with your idea. I'm not sure we can talk this way in Russia, the analyses part sound better for me. but I really don't know much of AI.

Elena