Letting Go

uwe.weissflog Uwe.Weissflog at t-online.de
Mon Jun 25 01:00:20 PDT 2001

Dear OS friends,
what a challenging topic. There were a lot of things I wanted to write, but -
then I let go of it. Only one little comment (I picked it up in one of Alan
Watts recordings) - when we realize that live is "so of itself" we might have a
chance to see the pain in grasping. There was a reference to the Tao in an
earlier comment, I like to point to this one from the Tao 2 (Mitchell's
translation):

Therefor the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anyting.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess,
acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgts it.
That is, why it lasts forever.

Uwe
Pathway Guidance, Rinnengaerten 1, 34516 Voehl-Marienhagen, Germany
email: uwe.weissflog at pathwayguidance.com
email (personal): uwe.weissflog at t-online.de
phone: 49-5635-991197; fax: 49-5635-993934