letting go

Raffi Aftandelian brynza at online.ru
Sun Jun 24 22:59:28 PDT 2001

The radical letting go aspect of Open Space-- what I describe to myself
as "profound non-intervention" as a way of coming to an understanding of
the essence of OS-- gets me scratching my head when it comes to...doing
"traditional" facilitation and training.

For example, I likely will be doing a conflict resolution training
(maybe some are familiar with Alternatives to Violence Project)  in
early July. And a big part of me says I can't continue to do things the
way I used to do now that I've been trained in OS. The Basic level AVP
training is a prepared program with a set of exercises and games. OF
course, we can always make changes to the agenda.

I see an excellent opportunity to do a 4 hour optional OS on learnings
from the training and their application to life after the training, but
I am curious how OS has informed people's "traditional" facilitation and
training work?

thanks much,
Raffi Aftandelian
Moscow