Unusual design for OST event

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 14 05:23:01 PDT 2001

At 07:20 AM 6/14/01 -0400, Meg Salter wrote:
>I would love to do longer than one day, but so far my experience (or is it
>just my projections/ confidence) that when this approach is couched in their
>language, it is better received. AND it provides a tremendous uplift to the
>people, spreads all kinds of good energy, and provides tremendous momentum
>in achieving business results. ("We accomplished more in one hour than we
>have in the last 6 months.")

Meg -- I find it never hurts to say something like -- Well, if it is true
that "We accomplished more in one hour than we have in the last 6 months"
-- why not go for the whole enchilada? How about 2 days? They can always
say No, and truthfully, some folks are really afraid of that kind of joyful
productivity. After all things could get out of control. And then what
would we do -- 'cause it is not in The Plan. The real point is to keep
opening space and possibility -- understanding all the while that folks
have to make their own choices. But we at least can constantly expand the
arena of choice -- open the space, as it were.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA