Theme brainstorm

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Sun Jun 3 16:02:02 PDT 2001

Dear Sharon,

Yesterday we  were just at this situation!

Birgitt Williams, who is in Novosibirsk (West Siberia) proposed the topic
for discussion for the OS training workshop "How to make the organization
more effective". As she said later she thought there will be several topics
which we will used for discussion. But it appears that this was the very
important topic for most of the participants and there were 11 questions
from different areas of management and development of the organization and
Birgitt decided to add one more session to two she proposed at first. She
explained later, that there was the choice of looking how the dynamic will
be changed and the frustration of the participants, whos topics will not be
covered. So we did had a good sample of how the dynamic of the group work
changed, if we put changes in the order of doing things . The question to
think about - two big topic for a shorter then needed time - what this will
give for the work of a group?

so we used this as a training sample, but that was the warning for all the
participants that topic should be carefully defined and there should be a
pre-work with the sponsors of what kind of output is expected and so on.
There were several suggestions how to avoid such a decrease of energy of
chaos, which is created with the introduction part of OS.

The topic depends very much of what kind the audience you is going to meet.
for example for the one-day OS presentation on the IAF Conference in
Minneapolis Lisa Heft and me - we decided to choose the topic "I - the
facilitator", though there were also many topics but participants worked on
them nicely.

Sorry for short message, I' m so excited that my expectations of the
Birgitt's workshop is meeting and we should have 3 more days to work with
her.

I want to thank all the OS community for this possibility once again.

elena marchuk