OST story: there must be better ways to make a living!

Esther . EwingChange at aol.com
Thu Jan 18 04:36:02 PST 2001

Sorry, folks, I sent this to Chris and then realized that it only went to
Chris and not the list too:

Chris:

So you're human after all? And you make mistakes? What a relief! And you have
the humility to acknowledge, regroup and go on?

You brought a conscientiousness to the day. You didn't do your best opening.
You were aware. You agonised about how to deliver your best value. You tried
to impose process. It didn't work. You were aware that it wasn't right. You
turned again to trusting their process. It didn't work the way you'd
expected.

You embraced the success as it happened. You didn't pout, cry, whine. You
honoured their needs. You knew that it wasn't about you. Your professionalism
and your conscientiousness makes you want to beat yourself up. Your good
humour and balance will return. You are a good person doing well. You deserve
some slack, most particularly from yourself.

You "planted carrots" in that session. Some of it will get harvested. You may
never see the harvest. But know that somewhere, some people will have been
grateful for your planting and tending. They may have been so caught up in
the emotions (that you didn't see) going on inside of them, that they
'forgot' to recognize their fellow gardener. But somewhere, there will be
positive outcomes from that day. And you will have made a critical
contribution to that. Trust your own professionalism. Trust the Spirit. And
like yourself. I do. And I'm sure your clients do.

Be well, Chris,
Esther

Esther Ewing
The Change Alliance
133 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1S9
416-489-5229

Assisting Individuals and Organizations to Grow Capability