For Artur et al re the "North American" touch

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Sun Jan 14 06:47:19 PST 2001

Hello Brian:

Thank you very much for your mail. It was nice to hear from you.

I understood from your mail that my English was not very correct in
my previous mail. I was not expressing my concern about OS not
being used world wide (I already new it was) nor about it being
"American origin only" (I know it has multicultural origins).

I was answering a message to try to clarify objectives for this list and
I was commenting only on OSLIST. And I insist: more than 90% of
the authors of messages in this last months, from OSonOS in Berlin,
came from North America.

Even previous participants from Australia and UK are participating
much less these last months. And we seldom have reports
about the discussions happening in German or Swedish lists,
not to refer other languages.

For a movement to be "world-wide" it is not enough, IMHO, that events
are organised in many places. It is also needed that different experiences
are reported to a common forum and discussed there, with reference
to pertinent theory.

Best wishes

Artur