For Artur et al re the "North American" touch

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Sat Jan 13 17:50:17 PST 2001

Dear Artur and all
I've been privileged, over many years, to use Open Space both formally
and informally in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and lots of other parts of
Australia; in Guam; in Shizuoka, Japan; in Beijing, China;  in Maribor,
Slovenia; in Stockholm, Sweden; in Auckland and Wellington, New Zealand;
in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea; in various parts of the United States
and Canada; in Guadalajara, Mexico; and in a host of other places which
escape my ailing memory right now.
It has always worked well.
And I don't think my odd accent or my brilliance as a
facilitator/animateur has been the main reason.  Rather, I observe that
the people in the circle take it up and use it their way.  Always.  And
make it their own - it's part of the "letting-go" which is so vital and
- sometimes - so difficult for facilitators to achieve.
Interesting that I have met one accountant in Port Moresby who
considered that all things American are evil.  And one Nortel executive
in Sydney who considers that all things emanating from the US (where he
is from) are useless in every other part of the world.
My experience is different, as you can see.
Cheers and blessings,  Fr Brian S. Bainbridge