AW: Central Asia

Doersam, Laurel Laurel.Doersam at caphealth.org
Tue Aug 28 15:07:03 PDT 2001

Hmmmm.  Interesting.  By using the term personal, I wasn't meaning to infer
that the experience couldn't be in a group.  It actually didn't occur to me
that some folks might think that all valid spiritual experience would be
solo.  Many of my most profound spiritual experiences have been in
community, for this is when I've most clearly felt my connection to the
oneness.

It struck me as ironic there might be a distrust of group in spiritual
circles (for doesn't a circle infer group-ness?).
 Our experiences on this planet are entirely human . . . we have no other
filter by which to interpret our reality. . . and we are such social beings
. . . I agree that missing this connection, this experience of group-ness,
this synergy, would be a terrible loss.  (And yet, I also don't want to
diminish the value of alone-ness for both personal, spiritual and
relationship growth.)

Thanks, Kenoli, for inspiring more thought for me.

And, thanks, Meg, for tying it back to Wilbur's four quadrants - that made
sense to me.  Hmmm, the shadow side - that opens up another can o' worms.
Presuming that groups/communities also have shadow sides (which I've
certainly experienced, so I think they do), then maybe it is the lurking
shadow that causes distrust of the group experience?

Laurel.