AW: Central Asia

Meg Salter meg.salter at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 28 14:46:23 PDT 2001

WOW! What a fascinating conversation!

My own experience is that there are "many paths to heaven... or
truth..."including personal work, meditative experience, inter-connection or
group work, service work. (Incidentally, this ties in directly to wilber's 4
Quadrants!) I think it depends in part on your own personality orientation,
e.g. introvert/ extrovert. (either what you naturally orient to, or
un-developed shadow side).

And while I do not agree that it should be so, I can see your point about a
distrust of group in some spiritual circles. I think there is a historical
basis/ bias for this, and sometimes an unfortunate bias for individuals to
to lean on the "knows-all" guru. However, the best of the traditions include
a strong group component, e.g. Christian fellowship, Buddhist sangha,
etc..........

which takes us right back to "the next Buddha will be the collective
statement" from Thich Nhat Hanh!!
for those of you who want to read some of his work, I have enjoyed "Peace is
Every Step", and "Living Buddha, Living Christ".

All in one..... and one in all!!

Meg Salter

MegaSpace Consulting
416/486-6660