AW: Central Asia

kenoli Oleari kenoli at igc.org
Tue Aug 28 12:48:33 PDT 2001

Laurel --

This interests me.  I think there are two important elements here: 1)
being connected with our own experience -- which is how I think we
tune into the oneness that we are all part of -- and 2) recognizing
(or realizing) our connection with each other and celebrating that --
a kind of human realization of that oneness.  I think we have to do
our own work to accomplish the first and to fully enter into the
second.  I also think that certain qualities of group experience can
enhance personal and spiritual growth.  There is not a linear
relationship here.

I have always been concerned with what I see as an unnecessary and
frustrating division between people with a basically "spiritual"
orientation and people with a community or "group" orientation.
Wilbur has talked a lot about the distinctions that arise out of a
Spiral Dynamic interpretation of various states of development.  I am
concerned sometimes that some of his work, especially focus on the
"mean green" furthers this distinction.  Group connections and
process have been a critical part of my personal and spiritual
development, along with my person work.  I sense a distrust of
"group" in many spiritual circles. If feels like an important element
of human experience is lost when this is missed.

I think "group" can be a spiritual experience.

Kenoli

>Julie wrote:
>
>"I think we experience truth when we recognize our connection with each
>other, and become glad.  Perhaps healing is what happens in the wake of
>recognizing the truth of our connection with each other.  Maybe that is the
>only truth that matters."
>

>Thanks, Julie, for jumping in.  Your comment grabbed me by the heart and
>guts  - and, if it is "true", then in fact, there is only one truth which
>encompasses the ALL in which we participate.  And that truth, that all is
>one, can't be known or understood through the intellect, but only through
>personal mystical or intuitive experience.  (Here I go with the Ken
>Wilburisms ...) This seems to tie in with the Gaia consciousness discussion
>that has been a parallel thread over the last week or two - Harrison and
>Typhoid Mary notwithstanding!!
>
>Great conversation!  Thanks, all (and thanks, ALL)
>
>Laurel.
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Kenoli Oleari, Horizons of Change, http://www.horizonsofchange.com
1801 Fairview Street, Berkeley, CA  94703   Voice Phone: 510-601-8217,
Fax: 510-595-8369, Email: kenoli at igc.org (or click on: mailto://kenoli@igc.org)