Other forms of holding the space

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Aug 29 16:30:02 PDT 2001

I have talked alot about holding the space as it relates to parenting
and especially the work of doulas and midwives in childbirth.  Most of
my discussions have been offlist, but a couple of things I stumbled on
might be interesting to folks on this list.

So I offer these links:

http://geoparent.com/pregnancy/birth/holdingthespace.htm
About the work of doulas, who are among my top three role models for
space holding.

http://www.alternativesmagazine.com/13/marshall1.html
About mothering, in a way, also in my top three.

http://www.hometaught.com/app_unschooling.htm
About "unschooling" and the parent's role in supporting children who
learn this way.  this topic came up at OSonOS this year in a couple of
places.

http://www.magma.ca/~jack1/toppage2.htm
The story of how two Montreal Canadiens ice hockey fans held space for
their team in 1993 and won them a Stanley Cup.  (Maybe I'm being
facetious here, but every true sports fan knows that holding space is
integral to success...these guys are extremists though.)

I'm always on the lookout for this kind of stuff...any other additions
to the list?

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN