Truth

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Wed Aug 29 17:15:38 PDT 2001

Dear colleagues,
this spirited exchange on truth reminded me of the "percept" concept
of John and Joyce Weir. Marv Weisbord and Sandra Janoff showed a
short section from the tape "A day with the Weirs" at their
facilitation workshop. This intrigued me so much that I got all four
tapes and looked at them this summer. At this point I think this has
given me some more insight into the art of facilitation for open
space-technology meetings and future searches and for other group
situations in which groups unfold in a selforganizing manner (which
is what they will do when left to their devices).
One of the key "manner" of facilitation is, as has been pointed out,
to follow the path of show up, be present, tell the truth and let go.
Well, how on earth do I get myself as a "professional" facilitator to
be in that "manner" consistently. Even though it appears to be right
and "logical" to follow that path it still another thing to actually
learn the art of doing it that way. And I think it has to do with
being clear that I in fact have my truth as my perception, or as the
Weirs might say, truth myself.
The implication of that is, that when I realize that others have
"percepts" -   so whatever they say or opinion has in fact very
little to do with me - I will be close to me, actually be present by
being true to me and in that way be not in my own way or in the
groups wayThis is also scary because I am pretty lonely in this
"manner" and who likes to frighten oneself?
And all this whilst "facilitating"!
I am sure there must be a more coherent way of saying all this....
Greetings from Berlin
michael

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK