SV: Re: Open Space and Leadership in German and Spanish

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Apr 29 13:49:57 PDT 2001

Dear Ingrid,
what you say contradicts my experience. Klett-Kotta, a very respected
company with access to highly qualified translators has done a horrid
job on translating "A User's Guide" into German. And insiders
immediately realize that this translator has not managed to access
open space. Maybe the translator would do a wonderful job on a
cookbook or a novel but failed miserably with this assignment.
While I tend to agree that a translator does not necessarily have to
know all about open space in order to do a successful translation and
would certainly agree that no matter how much he knows about open
space she would have to have good knowledge of  her/his own language
I would want to be on the safe side and give the job only to someone
with extensive exposure to open space.
All the best to Silva for a Portuguese translation!
michael

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 16:59:11 +0200, Ingrid Olausson wrote:

>I have experience from publishing and different translators. I don´t think it is essential that a translator knows all about Open Space in order to do a successful translation. It is of course an advantage if he/she has some experience of OS, ie has participated in at least one OS. But the most important is that it is a professional writer/translator with good knowledge of his/her own language
>Ingrid

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK