story board

Don Ferretti dferrett at placer.ca.gov
Sat Sep 30 12:41:18 PDT 2000

Just after you have opened the market place and you are leaving the circle and people are getting out of their chairs and going to the wall to sign up... someone says in a loud voice...."wait a minute I want to hear from everyone about how they are doing on their individual county strategic plans"...You say, "great write that down as a topic and put it along with the others." She says, "no I want to do it now while everyone is still right here"....you say "go ahead."  As you move away from the circle and focus on an empty  coffee cup under a chair you hear "oh well" and you  leave the room and go for a little walk and wonder......what would have been another way to handle that? At the close of the meeting there are a lot of comments about what a great meeting they had, but your mind is still lingering on that incident so you send a little story to the list and see what others might have to say about that.....